Learn What It Takes to Become a PLM Professional
This is a focused course designed to rapidly get you up to speed on the field of Product Lifecycle Management. It teaches you all the foundational skills you need to start a career in Product Lifecycle Management. Over 6 weeks, we will cover the foundations of PLM through 6 modules. The content of each module is delivered as a master class, along with worksheets and actionable templates to help you bring theory into practice. The course starts on 23rd of May 2017. Each week, we’ll release the master-class related to the module, and provide you access to the templates and worksheets.
We’ll learn the principles of product information management and dive deep into business process design. We’ll look into plans for tackling the major problems of PLM implementations, including getting organized with effective project management, understanding what it takes to plan a solid architecture, and using the right tips and tricks for a successful transformation.
As part of the program, you’ll become part of a community of PLM professionals who are always chatting and helping each other. You’ll have a focused place online where you can meet new peers and share your experiences, ask questions and be empowered to learn more.
Here’s what you’ll learn in each of the 6 modules:
• MODULE 1: WHAT IS PLM?
Learn what PLM is, discover its history and get to know key players. Dig into the main challenges of product information and lifecycle management and lay the groundwork for the upcoming modules.
• MODULE 2: BUSINESS PROCESS MANAGEMENT
Understand why business processes are key for every organization. Learn to assess business processes and to conduct a process redesign project quickly and efficiently.
• MODULE 3: MAKING SENSE OF YOUR PRODUCT DATA
Learn the basis of product information management: data types, classification and lifecycles. Discover a method to make your data initiative work by focusing on business value and starting with the questions.
• MODULE 4: INFORMATION SYSTEMS IN PLM
Get to know core systems in the PLM architecture. Understand the importance of defining system roles and standardizing definitions using different applications. Discover key solution providers and trends.
• MODULE 5: EFFECTIVE PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
Dig into program management techniques and get tips to plan your initiative. Get to know the latest agile development methods for system development and explore the newest available tools for effective project management.
MODULE 6: SECRETS TO MAKE YOUR PLM INITIATIVE WORK
Understand the importance of a well-designed change management initiative as part of your PLM transformation program. Get to know the most common implementation pitfalls. Discover the secrets of how to plan your change program effectively and turn resistance into cooperation.
After this course, you’ll be able to:
• Understand the broad possibilities within the field of Product Lifecycle Management
• Run a process redesign program in your own organization
• Understand what systems are relevant to manage products effectively
• Grasp solutions to complex challenges involving products, processes and people
• Understand how to define and connect product data within different applications through the lifecycle
• Plan your product data program effectively
• Apply agile methods to system development
• Embark on an actionable Product Lifecycle initiative
• Know where to go to continue learning and become an expert.
|Download Category||Training course|
|Download Tag||PLM basics, PLM foundations, PLM online learning, PLM training course, Product Lifecycle Management course|